At Kyogle Community Gym we love to encourage people to think about living in a way that will help not only live longer but live better, right now, with more energy and less illness.
Many of us think about health goals at this time of year. A new week often brings a sense of a fresh start, as does a new month or new season, but even more so, a new year! So, let’s harness the power of a fresh start with this new year by getting ready to make some small or large changes to areas of our life that need adjusting for enhanced health and wellbeing.
To help you, we have a SMART goals worksheet, with an example, for you to download. SMART goals help you narrow down vague ideas about getting fit, losing weight etc, into actionable steps. So, get ready to start this January with a new set of exciting goals so that by February you are setting those habits in concrete, ready to carry you through the rest of the year.
Check your goals are SMART:
1. Specific: Clearly define what you want to achieve, rather than being vague.
2. Measurable: Establish criteria to track your progress. – numbers, percentages, or measurable ways to gauge your achievements.
3. Achievable: Ensure that your goal is realistic and attainable. While it’s great to aim high, setting objectives that are too far-fetched can lead to frustration and lack of motivation.
4. Relevant: Align your goal with your broader objectives and values. Consider why the goal matters and how it fits into the bigger picture of what you want to accomplish.
5. Time-bound: Set a specific timeframe for achieving your goal. Having a deadline creates a sense of urgency and helps you stay focused. It could be a target date or a time frame within which you aim to accomplish the goal.2024-JUMP-INTO-JAN-SMART-GOALS